Lymphatic drainage massage is often recommended by physicians for Plastic surgery patients, cancer patients and others experiencing issues with swelling and the lymphatic system. Lymph is a clear fluid that flows through our bodies. It bathes organs & muscles in its protective covering. Its function is to digest bacteria and transport cellular waste away from the tissues.
Problems with our lymph systems can develop as a result of surgery, especially where lymph nodes removal or biopsy are concerned. Patients recovering from cancer surgery or plastic surgery can develop edema (swelling) and doctors frequently recommend Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) for post-surgery treatment. More minor issues that can be addressed with MLD include eczema, psoriasis & acne.
As you may read in the attached article from Natural News, some of the benefits of MLD include:
• Faster recovery and less scarring from surgery and other types of trauma by making lymph flow faster and stimulating the formation of new connections between lymph vessels
• Clears congestive conditions such as chronic sinusitis, bronchitis, acne, and headaches
• Strengthens the immune system
• Relieves heaviness, tightness and swelling in those suffering from lymphedema.
• Increases overall relaxation by decreasing stress
• Relieves retention of fluids during pregnancy and menstrual cycle
• Decreases local edemas and hematomas from orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery scars, and burn scars; leading to a decreased in healing time and increase in client mobility
• People who suffer from insomnia, stress, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatism benefit greatly from MLD.
A 30 minute Manual Lymph Drainage session is just $35. If you choose, you can add an extra 30 minutes of relaxing massage for $20. Please remember that clients age 60 and over receive a 25% discount on all services.